Monday, May 10, 2010

The First Day!

Today was the first day of senior project, I went to Ellen's Interior in Downtown New London at 10:00 am where I met Ellen, and got a tour of where I'll be working for the next two weeks. Immediately following my tour Ellen put me right to work by showing me a complete layout of one of companies projects. She then showed me the different types of doorknobs that they use. The three types consisted of passage, privacy and dummy. Ellen then asked me to list all the types of doorknobs to use throughout the entire house, while she met with a client. Afterwards she showed me the four different ways the door swung and how to measure the door. Then we labeled each door in the house. Following lunch, the UPS man came by and dropped off a few packages for a client. We unpacked each package to check if there was any damage to the items. After unpacking each item we had to wrap them up in different paper. After doing all that Ellen and I met and talked about the rest of the week and what we will be doing. Overall the first day was fun and interesting and I am excited to learn more.

No comments:

Post a Comment