Sunday, May 16, 2010

Week 1 Reflection

5/10 - 5/14


This first past week of Senior Project interning at Ellen’s Interiors Inc. has been so much fun and exciting, it has given me more freedom but I am also learning things that I am very interested in doing in my future. This entire week I have worked twenty and a half hours with Ellen, and that includes working in the office, going through layouts and finding what doorknobs should be used, picking out rugs and fabrics for an addition, calling companies for sample fabrics, and going to meetings around New Hampshire. Throughout the entire week I learned the day to day life of an interior designer. I learned how to present a project to clients, different color schemes, rugs and fabrics that work together, and how to order fabric from companies. I think I was asked to do these activities because the jobs had to get done and to get a sense of the business. I really enjoyed working at Ellen's Interiors, it opened my eyes to what an interior designer actually does. It was a surprise to me that Ellen gave me as much work as she did, and the opportunity to help in the office and I am very fortunate that she did, I have been really enjoying it. I didn't expect that she would actually let me go to meetings with her, pick out fabrics for clients and go over layouts of up coming projects. I benefitted a great amount from this past week and learned a ton, I hope to gain more knowledge for the up coming week.

No comments:

Post a Comment