Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Lots of Colors, Fabrics and Rugs

Starting the second day of Senior Project I was excited and interested in what I was going to be doing next. Once I got to Ellen's she showed me a layout of one of their client's addition to their house. She then explained that the room had to consist of a cool color scheme, such as greens, corals, blues and a little purple because the room was in the west and was going to be getting a lot of sun. Proceeding that she asked me to pick out two rugs that have a cool color scheme and would work well together. After looking through some rug catalogs I found a few rugs that would work. Then after showing Ellen she then asked me to pick out fabrics that would go with both rugs. That took some digging and much more time to find the perfect fabrics. After looking through about a hundred different fabric books, Ellen and I picked out a few fabrics to show the client. I then had to write down all the different rugs, and fabrics and what there name was and what brand they were. It was a long but very rewarding knowing that we were able to pick multiple rug and fabric coordinations that the client may ultimate like and chose to go with.

No comments:

Post a Comment